Vendors Of Adaptive Technology
Following is a list of commercial organizations which develop and sell
accessibility solutions for people who are blind and visually impaired.
This list will continue to be updated as new companies emerge. Listed here
are only companies that develop and sell their own products. Dealers and
value added resellers of adaptive technology are not listed, as they can be
easily found through any Internet search engine. This list is intended to
educate and acquaint the reader with the various adaptive technology solutions
that exist on the market today.
- Dolphin Computer Access:
- Home of Supernova, the only program in the world that combines speech,
Braille and magnification in one package. Other Dolphin products
include the Hal screen reader, and Lunar and Lunar Plus for screen
magnification. In addition, Dolphin has DAISY production and playback
software, Braille translation software, as well as document reading
solutions. They also are the first company to announce an upcoming
screen reader for the Windows CE platform, which is used in hand held
- Freedom Scientific:
- Home of The JAWS For Windows screen reader, Magic screen magnifier,
Openbook reading software, as well as a variety of hardware based solutions,
such as Braille displays and note takers.
- GW Micro:
- Home of the Window-eyes and Vocal-eyes screen readers.
- Ai Squared:
- Makers of Zoomtext.
- Pulse Data International:
- Makers of the Braille Note and the Smart View magnifiers.
- Duxbury Systems:
- Makers of the Duxbury Braille Translator, the oldest Braille translation
software on the market.